Saturday, 14 September 2013

Review - Daring to Wish

Look what’s on Amazon!

What happens when you dare to wish?

In an effort to regain her independence and break out of her shell, shy Eve Ward writes a daring wish list of all the things she wants to do before her thirtieth birthday. It's a good thing the list is for her eyes only, because some of the items are pretty risqué.

Adrenaline junkie Lucas Riley becomes Eve's "victim" in a kiss-a-stranger dare, and she thinks he's perfect for her one-night-with-a-stranger wish.

With Eve, Lucas thinks he's found the distraction he needs before he has to say goodbye to his bad boy image. When he finds Eve's sexy wish list, he can't keep himself from giving into temptation and sneaking a peek, and wish number eight is impossible for him to resist. Being good can wait.

Eve is thrilled when, out of the blue, Lucas offers to take her skydiving. Her sexy stranger has helped her tick so many wishes off her secret list. Her confidence has grown and now she's having fun both in and out of the bedroom. It seems too good to be true…is it? She can't shake the niggling suspicion that something's not quite right.

Content Warning: contains dizzying heights and sensual sex

My Review

I've been dying to read Daring to Wish for ages and I was not disappointed! The story starts with poor Eve just having come out of a controlling relationship. In a bid to brave the outside world again she makes a wish list of things to do before she's thirty. Her friend drags her to an angels and devils themed hen night and she's given a dare to kiss a stranger. Said stranger (Lucas) is so hot I'd have wanted to kiss him too, probably more than that if I'm being honest ;o)! Anyway, scoring one thing off her list leads to another when Even has a night of no-strings with a stranger. Pity it doesn't work out that way. Lucas is more involved in the wedding than Even let him explain.

I don't want to spoil the story but I will say the journey of Eve growing stronger and getting to know herself again is a touching one. The reader made me feel every emotion Eve was(there were a few cold showers), and Lucas - player extraordinaire - is the one who helps her find herself. She made me run to the shops to buy my very own panties of power in the hope of snagging myself a Lucas!

His journey is a tough one, and I immediately fell for him even though so much of his past is kept from the reader at the beginning. He's kind, firm, misunderstood, sexy (VERY sexy), funny and my Mr Perfect - even with the flaws!

The story was addictive, witty and oh so sexy. A fabulous debut, and no doubt the first of many!

Daring to Wish is now live on Amazon, 2 days early! You can grab it here…

1 comment:

  1. Great review Aimee. From what I've read so far know I'm going to love Tracey's debut Daring to Wish :-)

    ReplyDelete