Thursday, 23 May 2013

Text Me, Tweet Me, Need Me < I love that title!


Today I managed to score an interview with Samantha, the heroine from Susie Medwell’s latest contemporary romance, Text Me, Tweet Me, Need Me. Getting info from this chick is like drawing blood from a stone. Only the drawing blood bit feels easier.

Don’t forget to check out the blurb, and the book! Looks like a winner.

Interview with Samantha

So, Sam, you’re an independent woman who has just sworn off men –what were you doing on a blind date?

Work. It was purely for work, honestly! But I don’t normally do things like write about dating. I’m a serious journalist who wants to write about high profile people. Not dig the dirt, I’m not interested in that (in fact I’ve had far too much of that in my life), I want to show people the human side of their heroes.

Mmmhmm, I’ll believe you (thousands wouldn’t). You’ve not actually written many profiles lately, have you?

Nope. I got laid off, y’know recession and all that. Except there was more to it than that.

*Leans forward and rubs hands together* More?

Look can we change the subject? I’m happier asking the questions, not answering them.

Alright. You’d think I asked you to show me your knickers or something! Let’s move onto the blind date.

I was researching an article. After I got the push I had to make ends meet by writing about all kinds of trivial things, and my sod of an ex-boss gave me some freelance work. This was one of the jobs, I was supposed to hook up with someone online then write a funny article about it.

And this blind date was fun?

Well I’d rather not talk about it. It was hot rather than fun….

Ooo, do tell. Hot?

I can’t believe how hot. This guy was…. But he wasn’t supposed to be so damned sexy, I mean you don’t just meet someone online and then want to jump into bed with them, do you?

So you ended up with more than just a column inch?

I can’t believe you said that! Well, no actually. I ran away. I ran away from this really hot guy, the sexiest guy I’ve seen for ages, years, ever. Now don’t look at me like that, it isn’t funny! Ask me something else, like what I do when I’m not at work.

Okay, what do you do?

Erm, well not a lot. I love my job. People are just so interesting aren’t they? Finding out what makes them tick, why they do it.

Anything personal you can tell us, like about your family?

Oh God, no. I really don’t want to talk about my family. That’s what caused all the trouble in the first place.

You’re not the easiest of people to interview you know Samantha. So this guy—

Ben.

Ben. I’m intrigued. You actually really fancied him and arranged to see him again?

Well, yes and no. Well, I did. But not on purpose. It’s a long story… how long have you got?

Not that long, but I’ll be buying the book to find out the rest. Teasing minx that she is. So, here’s a little more about Text Me, Tweet Me, Need Me.

Texting and tweeting can lead to trouble when the truth gets out…

Dating your boss is bad. Finding out he’s married with a baby on the way is a whole lot worse, but losing your job when you show him the door really sucks. And when he knows all your family secrets, there’s bound to be trouble. But the job Samantha’s got lined up can put her life back on track. One last date for research purposes before she can finish her article on online dating–then she’s a man-free zone, and it’s serious journalism all the way.

Ben has only one thing on his mind: to keep the promise he made to look after Sam. All he has to do is work out how he can support a girl who distrusts men, hates charity, and definitely doesn’t want rescuing. He thinks he’s come up with the perfect solution, until he realizes it’s his heart, not his money he needs to invest.

But can Sam see past the lies and learn to trust a man again? And more importantly…will Ben still want her when he learns about her past?

CONTENT WARNING: Contains hot texts, sexy showers, a girl who can pack a punch, and lasagne.


And more about the lovely Susie Medwell.

AUTHOR BIO

Susie has been writing stories for as long as she’s been reading them – it’s rumoured that she’s related to Elizabeth Gaskell so it could be in the genes! She submitted her first novel, a thriller, when she was twelve years old but as she hit her mi- teens her tastes shifted from action to romance. She was soon addicted to alpha heroes, and what could be better than writing about them?

She’s had an exciting and varied life, which feeds into her stories... she’s got an Honours degree in Computer Science ...a teenage son... a cat...a cottage in the English countryside...and her own sexy alpha hero! She loves sexy high heels...good food....good wine....music...coffee (lots and lots of coffee)... and sunshine, so whenever she can, heads off in search of the sun and inspiration for her stories. Susie also writes erotic romance as Zara Stoneley.

WHERE TO FIND SUSIE -
Twitter - @SusieMedwell

1 comment: