Thursday, 9 May 2013

New release - Waking up in Vegas by Romy Summer


Today is a busy day on the blog. I've nabbed HarperImpulse's first two authors to find out a little more about their books. First up, I have the lovely Romy Sommer chatting about her book, Waking up in Vegas. Take it away Romy...

It’s a well known fact that Germanic heroes don’t sell. I was told this often when I first started writing. Italian, Spanish, Greek, with the occasional Australian thrown in – those were the books that sold.

I’m not good at following rules, and so I wrote a Germanic hero.

From the beginning I knew Max was going to be different in more than just his background. No brooding, tortured hero this. Max is cheeky, irreverent and good-humoured – and unlike the vast majority of heroes, he believes in fairy tales, true love and destiny.

There was one picture of the late Heath Ledger that stuck with me as I wrote Waking up in Vegas, and since a picture really can say a thousand words, I’ll keep this blog post short and let the picture say it all.

I’d like to introduce you to Max von Waldburg...

I'm sold already

Please help me prove the rulebook wrong and show your support for my Germanic hero by downloading Waking up in Vegas. Better yet, read the book and tell me what you think of Max.

What happens in Vegas…
Waking up to the bright lights of Vegas in an unfamiliar penthouse suite, cocktail waitress Phoenix Montgomery finds she’s covered from head to foot in gold glitter and not alone – aside from the empty bottle of champagne, there’s a mystery man in the shower and a huge sparkly ring on her finger!

Stays in Vegas?
There’s no denying Max Waldburg’s demi-god sex appeal but commitment-phobic Phoenix doesn’t do relationships. Only it seems her new husband (agh!) has other ideas…he’s trying to keep that ring on her finger and his wife firmly back in his bed. The only question on her lips is – why? Or maybe, why not?



Waking up in Vegas is available NOW from the following eBook stores:

For an excerpt visit HarperImpulse's Facebook page by clicking here

Pop by later to find out more about Charlotte Phillips' book, Your Room or Mine? 

xoxo

1 comment: