Friday, 17 May 2013

I got the call!


I’ve always dreamed of writing a post titled with those four words, and now I can. I’m so excited so please excuse the rambling. Harper Collins’ brand new UK imprint, HarperImpulse, will be publishing my book and not just that, but I have just signed a three book contract with them. I know, I’m feeling a little faint too.

So you want to know what happened? Most people kick off their call stories from the second that email from the editor pinged in their inbox asking to call, or from when they submitted, and even though those two events were momentous and led me to writing this post, I’m going to start from the second my mobile phone rang at work.

I had been expecting a call, but had convinced myself it wasn’t the call.

“We’d like to buy your book.”

*Cue gibberish*

Now I don’t usually sound like a reject from Braveheart, but you wouldn’t think by my attempt at answering poor Charlotte! She couldn’t understand half of what I said (and I don’t blame her, I couldn’t either). While trying to focus enough not to scream when my boss had an elderly client next door, my brain was tapped out to the point of stupidity. Thankfully they didn’t whip the offer away from the crazy lady who couldn’t string together a coherent sentence.

And the most incoherent, but best call ever, came just two weeks ago. Since then I’ve had to keep my lips zipped (which is the hardest thing I’ve ever done by the way). I told my parents and haven’t shut up about it since. They’ll be glad the news is out now. Means they don’t have to listen to me go on and on and on…and on.

So I’m going to tell anyone who will listen (sorry in advance, can’t help it!). Here’s the cover of my first release with HarperImpulse! What do you all think? I LOVE it. It suits the story (and my heroine) perfectly.



More about Ric and Alexa’s story is coming very soon. If any of you read my SYTYCW entry, Flirting With Trouble, then you’ll all have a rough idea of how it begins with Alexa running around a hotel in her underwear and stumbling into the sexy Enrique Castillo’s penthouse. Not much has changed from that first chapter, so if you loved it then, stick 13th June (release day) in your calendars!

Hope you all have a good weekend. Pop by on Sunday for a sneak peak of Sinfully Summer. I’ll make it a great one ;o)

xoxo

39 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Such amazing news. It must be a huge relief to be able to shout about it now! Roll on June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Kelly! Definitely. I'm still bouncing :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVED your story from SYTYCW! So glad it's being published - was trying to remember who that one belonged to just the other day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon. I love their story too and so glad they found the home for them.

      Delete
  3. So happy for you Aimee - I love, love, love this book! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So pleased for you. Have shared everywhere I can think of.I loved your SYTYCW chapter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing, and for the yay. I'm still yay me-ing :o)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely amazing awesome news! Congratulations Aimee you totally deserve it. Can't wait to read Ric and Alex's's full story. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so so so happy for you Aimée, this couldn't happen to a nicer and more deserving person xxx ps. LOVE the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks hon. I'm so happy too! xxx

      Delete
  7. Yay! *bounce* Yay! *bounce* and basically repeat because such good news. HUGE CONGRATS and can't wait to read. Are you gonna have the bestest Friday celebration EVEH. Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big bounces! Tonight will def be cracking open something bubbly (not champers, too expensive, but fizzy wine for sure!) xx

      Delete
  8. OMG OMG OMG!!!

    Congratulations. :-D

    And I loved Flirting With Trouble too.

    WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So thrilled for you Aimee! Loved your chapter it's lots of fun and teamed with your fabulous voice it's going to be a huge hit! Fantastic cover x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Tracey! Thank you so much xxx

      Delete
  10. I said it on Twitter but I'll say it again. Huge congratulations - you must be tickled pink and every other colour of the rainbow. Hope you are going to celebrate now you can shout the news from the rooftops. I have no idea how you managed to keep it quiet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went a bit red for a while trying to keep it in. Back to my normal pasty white now! Thanks Nina xx

      Delete
  11. Congratulations, Aimee! So thrilled for you! Love the cover and can't wait to read. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled for you too dear. Double celebrations tonight! x

      Delete
  12. Good on you, darls. This story so needed to be out there! Perfect cover. Wonderful call story, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Wendy and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. I loved your SYTYCW entry as you know, Aimee. I'm so thrilled it's going to be published. Awesome news. Huge congrats!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!! Massive congrats Aimee - only just spotted this! So pleased for you - I remember the story from sytycw, look forward to reading the rest :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie, literally can't wait till release day!

      Delete
  15. Fabulous news! Such a great start to a story - looking forward to the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Nice cover

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aims...u already know exactly what I think. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still laughing remembering your thoughts hehe. xxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  18. Oh Aimee, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aimee what fantastic news! I'm so pleased for you. LOVE the cover! Can't wait to read the excerpt xx

    ReplyDelete