Saturday, 12 January 2013

Starting from scratch

This is the part of writing I love and hate equally. I have the idea, the characters, the plot, now it’s time to get into the zone and write. It’s hard saying goodbye to the last set of characters, and for me it doesn’t get any easier with time. It’s also difficult for me to get into the new characters’ heads when the last ones are fresh in my mind.  

The buzz I get from finishing a story keeps me going well through the next. This time around I’m writing book 3 in The Price of Fame series, tentatively entitled Broken Rules. If you’ve read The Monster of Fame, you’ll be familiar with Jessica Hartley and Kevin Jones. Jess is Anna’s best friend, Kev was on an opposing team. The night they met forced Jess to break some personal rules and Kev to realised that not every woman wants to make a quick buck out of him. That night isn’t where the story starts, in fact it begins months later when they’re forced together again for the DYHWIT? Tour around the UK. But it is where I’ve started writing so I can get a good idea of what happened that night.  

This is the first time I’ve started this way, and so far I’m discovering a lot of things I didn’t know about these two when I plotted their story. In fact, there are a few things that have come to the surface which surprised me, but made more sense than what I had. Even though I haven’t started writing the book, the words I already have are shaping the story I plan to write and what I thought at first was a waste of time is turning out to be eye opening.  

Who knows, I may even have this story finished quicker than the second.  Never Say Never took me a long time *cough*six-months *cough* to get it down. Hope Broken Rules flows more easily.  

Hope you have a great weekend!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Aimee - I know it will be fantastic, no matter how long it takes for you to write it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy writing, Aimee! I hope it flows for you :)

    ReplyDelete