Friday, 4 January 2013

Lemme be Scrooge, dammit

As you all know, I’m not a lover of ‘the season to be jolly’. I had my reasons, but 2012 made it so hard to hate December.
First, I was celebrating the release of my debut, The Monster of Fame. Indescribable buzz. And the reviews, emails, Facebook buddies and Tweeters who’ve taken time to read and comment made the whole of 2012 my best year so far. How could I get all grouchy come Christmas after that?
Then, the Christmas anthology freebie I was part of had over 48,000 downloads in December. Couldn’t find a reason to be mopey and Scroogelike at all.
And considering I’ve been in bed since Christmas Eve with the flu, it’s a miracle I haven’t moaned once.
The one thing I do look forward to is the New Year and already 2013 is shaping up to be fantastic. With my first steamy-from-the-get-go category romance, Isle of Sensuality, out in just over two weeks, and the second book in The Price of Fame series due to be released in April, things are looking up.
Plus I’ve finally finished my revisions for my SYTYCW entry, Flirting With Trouble. It’s on its way to Mills & Boon as we speak. I’m not holding my breath for a sale, but it feels like an accomplishment in itself.
Next up, Revisions part two. Because the Revisions for Ric & Alexa’s story damn near killed me—or maybe that was the flu. Either way, they taught me so much and I’m dying to share!
Laters baby.
XOXO
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay on all your success! I hope your SYTYCW entry brings you a big fat contract!

    ReplyDelete