Friday, 30 November 2012

Best. Day. Ever.

This afternoon I received an email from my editor with the contract for Never Say Never, Book 2 in the Price of Fame Series! I was so excited I printed it off, scanned it in and whipped it back in record time. Seriously. Fifteen minutes had yet to pass from receiving the email and it was in an envelope, addressed and ready to be posted. Yup, I’m a big kid. 
So, what’s it about? 
Book 1 in the series, The Monster of Fame (which, by the way, is now available at Coffee Time Romance and there’s 20% off!), is set on the reality singing competition Do You Have What it Takes? and the hero in Never Say Never is introduced as one of the judges. 
Never Say Never is Sander Chase’s story. He’s the blond muscly hunk who Anna’s friend Jess fancies, though he doesn’t have time to date. But it comes to a point when he needs a fake date and Chloe Butler is perfect for the job. She doesn’t swoon over him, and she’s pretty enough that he doesn’t need to feign attraction. 
There’s no blurb yet, but when I whip something up I’ll share. Promise. In the meantime, I used Never Say Never on The Next Big Thing blog hop. You can see the post here
Another reason for it being the best day ever is that my internet’s up and running. After nearly two weeks of depravity, I can finally get back online. Is it sick that I felt like I’d lost a limb without the world wide web? :D 
XOXO

10 comments:

  1. Yay on the contract - you're on fire girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chicka. And you too. Two books out next year, and a title for your first Presents/Modern. I'm more excited for you than me :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Whee! Congratulations, Aimee! Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie. I'm over the moon :)

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo! Congrats, Aimee! Fab news! And have missed you online. Welcome back! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindz. I've missed you all too. You won't be able to get rid of me now ;o) xxx

      Delete
  4. Amazing news Aimee! Congratulations.

    And two weeks without! I'd be in a cold sweat....

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was as bad as I imagine heroine withdrawal would be. Awful. Felt it right down to my bones ;)

      Thanks Nina x

      Delete
  5. Congrats Aimee. Just saw your news. That's fabulous for you. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shehanne. I'm just releived I eventually finished it! Hope no one asked how long it took me to write. I'll deny the truth :D xx

      Delete