Wednesday, 30 May 2012

The Power of Four

Two posts in the one day? Yeah, but I have to say I forgot about this tag and had an OSM.

The lovely Melissa Jolley tagged me on her blog a while back and I'm just getting around to the questions now. Sorry Melissa!

Okay so as I understand it, I answer some questions and tag four of my peeps? Hope I'm doing it right. Here goes.

Four places I've worked

A fun factory at Brewers Fayre. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a bear costume, making road runners & pop eyes out of balloons and face painting. In fact, it was my favourite job ever!

Trainee legal secretary in Dunfermline. I have to say, this was my least favourite job. Memorising how 50 or so individuals take their tea and coffee, making it, then delivering it over four floors three times a day was the easiest part. I was so skinny then. Sigh...

Trainee Paralegal. This was better, but not by much. At this point, I'm thinking 'solicitors aren't the easiest bunch to work for'. Oh and I learned Commercial Law wasn't my forte, nor my cup of tea.

Private Client Paralegal/Secretary/law accountant/conveyancing skivvy/techy support/whatever else. Believe it or not, this is my second favourite (and also current) job. I love the diversity of doing different things day in day out. I'm left to work by myself, but also work as part of a team. It will be a sad day when I have to leave my current employers. Its a small office, but they are lovely peeps and in the six years I've been here, we've all grown as a family.

Four films I could watch over and over

I'm mostly a book buff, but I think I could do this with Lord of the Rings (all of them).

Role Models is another. It's hillarious.

Then Forest Gump, 'cause I do like a good chuckle and bubble.

Any Adam Sandler film, but Anger Management is my favourite out of them.

Four telly programs

Okays, so I'm sad and completely and utterly addicted to Vampire Diaries. Loved the books, but the show even more. So jealous of Elena its unreal. I mean who would turn down Damon? Hope Ian gets the part of Christian in the 50 Shades film. Damn, I'd pay good money to watch that!

Ugly Betty. I know its finished, but I'm a saddo and watch the re-runs. Dunno what does it for me, Betty, Daniel, Markanda, or the premise. Its a big bloody heroin batch for mwah. Love it!

Scrubs. Love the characters, the banter, the setting. Though it wasn't the same after JD buggered off to another hospital.

The Big Bang Theory. I have Sheldon's voice as my ringtone. Sad eh? Lol. This is geek city, but I love it all the same. Bazinga!

Four Authors I enjoy

Heidi Rice – 'cause, well, I bow at her brilliance.

Maisy Yates is a close second, and damn her books grip me.

Penny Jordan, a complete legand.

Cassandra Clare – especially her steampunk, Infernal Defices Series.

Four places I've travelled

Spain – It's not Scotland. Major plus.

Florida – Can I have my Greencard please?

Mexico – I'm going back. ASAFP

Portugal – Not my cup of tea, but warm. Plus.

Four websites I visit daily

Facebook
Blogger
Absolute Write
Harlequin

Four favourite foods

Broccoli – 'cause I'm weird like that.

Salmon – I'd die without it.

Muscles – Go figure, I'm a seafood fan.

Squid – cooked properly. Go Kevin!

Four places I'd rather be

Mexico – when's the next flight out?

Anywhere hot.

A beach.

The States.

Four people I want to tag (sorry lol)

Amalie Berlin
Inn. C. Black
Jessica Barker
Michelle Smart

5 comments:

  1. A girl who loves LOTR is a girl after my heart. Lemme know when you're going to Mexico next. I'll meet you there. I can be your tour guide. I speak fluent spanish and I've spent A LOT of time all over. <3 If I don't get this job I have an interview with there than I am going to move to mexico for about 6 months, have some fun, and come back to the bay area ;) I have family living on the Baja that do humanitarian work. Sooo beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOTR? Sorry, I'm not the brightest button lol.
    Oooh, I may take you up on that! I used to speak some Spanish, but mostly just remember how to order a drink. That is the most important thing, after all! Only been to Cancun and Cozmul, but I'm up for a road trip. Lets Thelma and Louise it across the country :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll come to Mexico with you... now all I have to do is sneak out of the house with an enormous suitcase without the hubby or kids noticing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy peasy, just keep a case at a neighbours and sneak out clothes daily. You can call him from the road and tell him you need to do this for research :o) Kiddies will understand when mama comes home minted. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing sad about being addicted to The Vampire Diaries, Aimee. Welcome to the club! ;-) And The Big Bang Theory - ha! That nearly went on my top 4 list but just missed out. Sheldon's 'sacred seat' and his bus pants - way too close to home. x ;-)

    ReplyDelete