Wednesday, 7 March 2012

New Ideas...

 
So you've finished your story and have edited it to the best of your ability. Then what?

For me, I've got so many ideas bubbling around in my head I didn't know where to begin. Luckily, over on the Harlequin forums, there has been word of a Romance pitch coming up which has given me a boot up the backside. I've dug out my notebook and had a glance over my chicken scratch writing, in an effort to figure out what to write next.

The possibilities are endless for each and every one, and there are plenty of secondary characters in other wips I could use, but I feel like doing something different. I came across a scribble (not even a plot, just a vague idea of what the heroin could do for a living!) and began brainstorming. Two days of daydreaming later, and I have a vague idea of who my hero and heroin are. Its amazing that a little scrap of an idea can grow arms and legs so quickly.

Even though I only have a rough idea of the outline and no clue how I want this to end yet, I started writing. I know, I know, I preached on a previous blog entry about the joys of plotting and how great it was working out for me, but I'm officially back to pantsing for now! Does anyone else switch around like this? I feel like I'm breaking all the rules here :o)

3 comments:

  1. For my NaNoWriMo project in November, I started writing with only a vague idea of where it was going to go. I think it turned out to be my best novel yet. Sometimes, doing something different sparks something great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works out like that, the last one I pantsed my way through was fairly easy to write. Praying this one works out the same, but I'm willing to put in the hard work and give these chaps their HEA x

      Delete
  2. I have no idea how to do anything other than pants! I really love it when that happens though; a little snippet of dialogue playing in my head or the picture of a particular scene... it could be anything, a tiny seed that grows into a nice, fat 50k book! Good luck Aimee, and fingers crossed you hear back from M&B soon xxx

    ReplyDelete