Thursday, 12 January 2012

New Ideas

Well, glad that Christmas is over and done with (and thrilled that my writing blues have vanished!) Today is the first day I really got back into my story and I'm cranking up the word count, slowly but surely.

Although when I was writing, another couple of characters popped into my head with their own story itching to be told. It's only a vague idea at the moment, and I really want to get this wip finished since it's the sequel to my last story, but I'm also excited to write the other one.

What do you do when ideas pop up faster than you write? I've jotted down bits and bobs about this in my notepad, but still have the urge to write some of it. Do any of you ever find yourselves faced with this dilemma? It seems to happen to me all the time! :o)

2 comments:

  1. I do. The only way I can shut them up is to do a quick brainstorm of the story I want to tell in my plotbook... which usually shuts them up long enough for me to get back to the other project.

    Also: Yay for return of writing-yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, brainstorm. Sounds good. I'll prob end up with character sheets, half a plot and a few chapters if I start that (I'm prone to getting carried away). I'll give it a shot though, and try to rein in my enthusiasm :o)

    ReplyDelete