Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Rose Bombing & Sexy Vamps


There has been lots of heartache from New Voices over on Eharl of late and most of it's due to certain peeps lowering the rose rating anonymously (without leaving a comment to say why they didn't like the story). It's happened to me but I'm pretty thick skinned though I can understand why some folks would be disheartened by it.



What I'd suggest is to read your comments, they are what matter. Most of the readers this year have been lovely and I've already had lots of useful pointers to help better my writing. Considering the entry I posted was my first (serious) attempt at writing, I am not expecting to get through but I am hoping for advice on how to improve.



And now for the best bit :o)



The winter's almost upon us. Already we are seeing more rain here than sunshine and it's dark when I'm going to work but, the best part about the winter...Vampire Diaries and True Blood will be starting here soon. Both of which mean a winter of swoon worthy men, my favourite vamps being Damon & Eric. Yum!


Which of these gets your blood pumping? I'm torn, can't I have them both? ;o)













6 comments:

  1. I agree with you Aimee, it's the comments that count. I've never entered a comp like NV before, but it has been a great experience and will def improve my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your entry it was fab and yeah, that's what I'm hoping to achieve :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aimee,

    Many thanks for the blog follow, you can also find me on twitter!

    I have commented on your NV entry, great work! All the best for the comp. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks RLA,
    was having problems posting here for a while, seems to be sorted now (I hope)
    Thank you for commenting on my post. Have you entered? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got the right approach Aimee, only take heed of the comments. The rose ratings were the same last year: absolutely no indication of the submission itself. I'll be posting mine up shortly, will have to do as you do and only note the opinions of those who bother to write them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Madeline. Let me know when its up and I'll have a look.
    Yeah I'm not paying attention to my dwindling rose count anymore, concentrating on the comments. Although one pointed out absolutely every mistake I made which was a little shameful but I'm over it now :o)

    ReplyDelete