Thursday, 8 September 2011

New Voices 2011

I'm super excited about entering New Voices this year and up until last week I had my first chapter all polished and ready to go. On Saturday, an old idea I had resurfaced with a vengeance with a whole new set of conflicts and emotional scenes which I struggled to ignore.



Eager to jot down as much of this story as I could, I wrote a full six page outline. The story still pushed for release though so I had to sit down and write the first two chapters before the edge wore off. Unfortunately, I like this story much better and fits the line I'm aiming it at almost perfectly. But here I am, one almost polished ms of a story with characters I adore and another new overpowering idea simmering away in my subconscious, screaming at me to write it. So what do I do? Play it safe with my first ms or take a chance on this new, exciting and emotionally complex story that I may not have the talent to show to its fullest?



Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment